Best way to use Remote Stands?

Yep, for now, I am just kind of avoiding remote stands, but then again, they only recently added them in, so they can only get better. However, just curious, what shape do you usually go for when planning out your airport, as in going for the branches approach, massive square?

I’ve built most types of designs. I’ve found ‘H’ and ‘F’ designs work well. I’ve a particular style right now where I have the entry road run all the way to the right of the screen, then half up the side and build my terminal from there.

I prefer horizontal runways so build with that in mind but I try and not have road connections at all. That way the entire terminal can have taxi ways running all the way around it.

Can you get away with not having road connections?

No as you need a path for service vehicles via the check point to enter the airport. Service roads CAN cross runways and taxiways though where normal roads cannot.

Having said that I’ve built a couple where I have only subways for incoming and egressing PAX so normal roads are not required. It’s not perfect by any means but for airport operations does provide alternative thoughts and ideas about how to plan them.

Look up my Wellington builds if you want to see more.

Thanks a lot!! I am going to leave now, (its late here) but thanks for all the advice! I would love to check out your airport builds! Good bye!

1 Like

Night and NP. :grinning:

I learned a lot from my first build with remote stands. Next time I will organise it different for sure.

I am a little bit late and probably you solved your problem but here is a short tutorial about remote stands;

1 Like

Others may correct me, but don’t some of the updates to the remote stands (and perhaps its subsequent vehicles) not take effect on older saves? I thought a read that in another thread, that sometimes you need a new build for certain updates to take effect. I remember the corrected GA mod errors after the mod update is a culprit there.

Yes there is that potential Olof has mentioned.

It wasn’t really a question of how to use remote stands, but the most effective way to use them, thanks for the video though!

1 Like

Honestly, I don’t think the remote stands are completely bugged out, I just think that there is an imbalance in the way that passengers and time work (people boarding the bus late, then it leaving late, taking 30 in game minutes to reach the plane, etc. etc.), so I think it would be great if we had the option to send the bus away early. Same with the service cars, it would be nice to just send idle service cars away (if they get stuck for example).

1 Like

@Julien249 I have asked for the “Dismiss Bus” feature several times in several threads. Here’s to crossing fingers…

2 Likes

I just think that there is an imbalance in the way that passengers and time work (people boarding the bus late, then it leaving late, taking 30 in game minutes to reach the plane, etc. etc.),

There is an inbalance in many sub systems with in-game time so that’s why many people suggest developers to slow down in game time at least by half of current. But due to it is a huge thing (bigger than developing 3 BIG FEATURES) devs don’t want to work on that.

Yeah, I understand that, and, to be honest, usually it doesn’t disturb me at all, but then, as many have said previously, instead of changing the in game time it would be nice to have faster ways of getting people through the terminal.

That makes at least two of us!

What I do is try to limit the number of stands that are at my airport to avoid traffic problems. I also try to space them far apart, so that the traffic goes in different directions. As well as that, I tend to place a vehicle depots next to the airside shuttle bus stops (seperated from each other to avoid traffic congestion), this is to avoid traffic congestion as well as have the airside shuttle busses arrive quickly at the stands. Don’t build an airport with remote stands only, or majorly dependent on remote stands, because the AI traffic is not good enough yet. The best way to use remote stands is as a “gap filler”, or to just extract that much more capacity out of your airport. I would also recommend avoiding medium remote stands, and instead only place small remote stands, as you avoid congesting your airport with one more type of vehicle, air stairs. In terms of airside shuttle bus stop, I usually place them at the terminal extremities, but seperated from each other to avoid congestion.

@EG0611 stupid question: I think now two real seconds are 1 minute in the game. Changing this to, let’s say 4 seconds, is it big change? I’m not a game developer but isn’t it just a parameter to change?

It’s been said a few times by @Fredrik that it’s not a simple change. He did a test a while ago, and it completely broke the baggage system. A lot of things are synchronised and even a small change can through that sync out completely. I KNOW it sounds like it should be a simple thing to just change the timing loop, but it’s not quite that easy.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.