Baggage drop machine issue

Hi

I have an airport with 2 baggage bays. For each bay, I’ve set some self check-in machines and a baggage drop. But i noticed that a long queue was forming to deliver the luggage, so I’ve added another baggage drop, but the second machine isn’t used at all.
Also, the queue wasn’t really a line. People were on top of each other, as you can see

Is the seconded bag drop machine, linked to the correct baggage bay, or connected to
the baggage bay that the other bag drop machine is linked to?
And also the second bag drop machine needs to be nearby the self check-in desks for it to work, like the one in the image above.
Hope that helps you

1 Like

Hi there!

I have a similar issue at my aiirport; while people are able to check in at different check in desks for the same flight simultaniously, for the sel check-In desks only one drop off is used, all others directly placed nearby stay unused. Well, I think all of them are connected correctly, as all of them are used sometimes, but never at the same time…

Greetings Leon

It usually takes some time for the system to re-balance itself once new desks are placed down, especially with check-in desks they are booked individually by a separate system so immediate changes cannot be expected as those desks will need to be allocated by new flights in order to see the effect.

1 Like

Could you be a bit more specific about the time aspect? I have 8 baggage drop machines per bay and there is no change since about 4 game years. One machine handels 3 flights at the same time and all others have not a single flight planed. Only if a flight needs more than one machine others are also in use, but it seems there are always as few as possible different machines in use.

Ah, yes, well that wasn’t the balancing aspect I was talking about. You are correct in that flights do not distribute across automated baggage drops at this point and something we’ll look at for beta.

4 Likes

The second drop machine is connect to the right bay, and it is side by side with the other baggage drop.

Yes, I understand that. Unfortunally, my baggage system ist set up since two (In-Game) weeks or more, but I have get 4/5 out of 6 baggage drops unused. Currently I have 3 Stands Open at this baggage bay, and some additionoal staffed check In desk. The PAX do use all of the self check In desks, but only one or two drop offs are in use. I have a very similar obersavation as branka.

Thanks for your answer! I will be waiting for improvements during the beta :top:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.