Airport CEO Beta 2 released

For those of you who have issues with mods, can you send the mod files and an instruction on how to replicate the issue you’re having to support@airportceo.com?

4 Likes

ok thank you… i did some futher testing too… see mail

1 Like

I have tested both of your mods. This is my setup on the current released experimental version. The brands show up in game and no error message.

Could you check your game settings file? It should look something like this.

3 Likes

thanks, i guess it is anproblem somewhere in a save game from older versions, maybe i can fix it with some json twerks…

1 Like

Played the entire weekend and made new mods there, no issue at all. Including old airline and business mods were working fine.
So I still believe it must something in a savegame or in one of the contracts. @dawed

But @Fredrik might it be possible to write in the Mod name or at least the Mod ID into the error messages dawed posted?
it’s nice to know that there are issues with mods, but it could help to see which mod. :smiley:

it must be my savegames cause didn’t depend on what mod i tried or how old/new it was, and i have a few :wink:

when there is ann error inside json i guess it is still written what file is having an issiue? somewhen in A30 or before it was…

In my case it looks like that

I deactivated all mod, but there where still 6 mods in the list. After I deleted them from the list it’s still the same, in a new game everything works fine, but after I load an airport they won’t load anymore

2 Likes

I kinda want even more specific setting for airlines on/ off, like a medical airlines on/off is what I really would like along with normal airlines on/off

Seems that bug is fixed in one of the last patches. I don’t have the issue anymore when I reload.

First time played on B2.1-5 and yes, I had just to disable/enable all the new checkmarks to make mods work again in my savegame. Not the native or the Workshop ones, the default ones. Seems that helped to reset the settings in the savegame.

Bug 35247 (sorry devs, I should’ve named it better - TAXIING Traffic Jam).

But I have a theory as to why aircraft may suddenly stop taxiing, never to move unless using the F10 Reset Aircraft Paths button. I was waiting on a maintenance aircraft to get a pushback, but it NEVER did. Then I looked around the rest of my airport, and ALL of my pushed back/taxiing aircraft are frozen, some with no indication as to what could be holding it up (i.e. there is NO REASON why it should not be taxiing, no path could have crossed it with the taxi setup).

Please tell me I am not going crazy with this? Or if I am, can I sincerely ask for a nice assist on this? There has to be several others here with a similar issue where taxiing aircraft just STOP. Anyone? Please? Can anyone please just let me know if they have an issue where their taxiing aircraft just stop taxiing, and for no apparent reason? And can you please bug report, and maybe post on here? I must have done 10-20 since the weekend of varying instances, and I am heartbroken that this cannot be put on a radar.

I analyzed everything meticulously, and I could not find why they stopped. Some things that lead me to honestly believe this is a bug:

1. I DO NOT have animals enabled - therefore, they cannot be contributing to an aircraft stopping randomly.
  2. I have seen a freshly landed aircraft go straight to its gate, even if its path crosses the path of an aircraft which was established before the arrival aircraft taxiing (i.e. the logic of first-come-first-serve, as has been observed for forever in taxiing aircraft logic, is not being honored all the time anymore - sometimes it is awesome and realistic, but I think it can contribute to taxiing lockup)
  3. I have seen aircraft frozen on my taxiways, with no other active aircraft on the ground…

Edit - bug 35249 is a follow-up. I put my game on 3x speed for just under a minute, and it cleared itself - never used F10 menu. However, now I am delayed across the board. Hoping this is helpful in looking into what causes it, what “fixes” it, and how it can be avoided.

Same bug(s)

I had such cases on my large airport. But I don’t trust that old savegame anymore. It’s from A35 or older.
On my normal sized test airport this is no issue.

This was built in Beta 2. It is also an unedited world size. It, in my opinion, meets all criteria to submit a valid bug report. It’s not an overly large save file. The world size is original. I don’t get it.

How many planes you have on ground (taxiing and pushback)?

LOL, right as I just saved and quit :rofl:

I will say I have:

• 3 large, international-only stands - open 24/7
  • 31 medium (3 airside are int’l only; 3 domestic are remote; 1 remote set aside for emergencies/not scheduled) - the 3 int’l + 4 domestic open 24/7
  • 9 small commercial (5 of which are remote; 2 remotes set aside for emergencies) - none open 24/7

I mean the active traffic going on, not the parked stuff. :slight_smile:
On my airport around 15 planes or even many more are always moving or require pushback.

I am trying to understand why when emergencies were added, why no actuall people enter or leave the plane when an ambulance/police arrive at the scene? are you ging to change that during the beta?

Of course! :slightly_smiling_face:. Since I just exited, I can’t quickly get that, but I will! Gotta love that Steam sync when you quit (or maybe it’s mine that is a little long to sync after). Then Windows wants to update :upside_down_face:. Next time I’m on I’ll take a screenshot or two.

35256 - shadows of building inside terminal, without windows :smiley:

Why can you build Airport Lighting, on bus-stops, but not bus-stops under airport lightning?

The stuck airplanes taxiing happen also on new maps created in beta 2. They happen on 4 way junctions for example in places where 2 planes want to depart and 1 wants to enter after arrival in one of the paths where the 2 other planes depart from. One of exits of the junction where the 2 departing planes want to move is clear. Departing planes seem to be waiting for the arriving plane to clear the path 1st instead of making a way for it into the stands.

Such stuck planes weren’t happening for me on the same airport on Beta 2.1.0, but started happening on 2.1.4 (I don’t know if planes stuck taxiing were happening already there earlier as I skipped a couple of minor versions). Previously on the same airport planes with blocked path waited until the blocking plane cleared the path and only then started moving, but now all the planes move to the junction and just wait there stuck until I save and reload. I don’t have a space to place at that area another taxiway line to make them 1-way, unless I’ll play unrealistically with them being put every 2 taxiway tiles or right next to objects/buildings.

I’ll try to recreate a similar alignment/situation on a standard map size to make a report during the weekend.