Airport CEO Beta 2 released

New version, Beta 2.1-6 rolling out now! Should be the penultimate release for the second beta version as we today only will look at smaller bugs and then prepare for a default release as soon as possible.

Release notes - Airport CEO - Version Beta 2.1-6

Bug

• [ACEO-33745] - Arriving employees for closed airport can cause excessive person car spawning for public parking lots
  • [ACEO-33836] - Job task distribution system does not prioritize rested staff
  • [ACEO-33838] - Template tool does not reliably copy static desk queues
  • [ACEO-35009] - Business class does not set one star contracts correctly
  • [ACEO-35087] - Cabin cleaning trucks can clip through upper terminal floors
  • [ACEO-35200] - Critical flight notifications in flight process panel not clearly visible
  • [ACEO-35205] - Taxiway node size graphic contains typo
  • [ACEO-35237] - Staff panel can in rare instances on older saves appear as empty

Improvement

• [ACEO-32258] - ObjectType string variable in tiling system replaced with more performant solution
5 Likes

Bug-reporter stuck;

When a boarding desk is auto-connected to a closed stand, the boarding desk does not show as “closed”.

35267 - Subway station mergers with pavement issue.

Bug 35270 can be added to the list, and it is in Beta 2.1-6. Same issue. Planes freeze up while taxiing for no reason.

Update: 35271 is after it cleared itself without me doing anything, but then comes back. It’s as if it is triggered by wave in the flight planner. That or I always notice an influx of “emergency” notifications - planes or bad baggage.

Update: 35273, Seems to be getting worse/more frequent since updating to 2.1-6.

@Olof @Fredrik did some futher testing:

On a new game my native mods (no matter how many, how old/new or what business)
they get loaded without a problem, when i save that new game and load it again, none of the native mods get loaded… so at all it is not my old save games…

and in GameSettings.json they are in

This is the case since Beta 2.1-1 where the actual pathblocking issue has been solved. Therefore planes blocked the entire path from runway to gate causing immense delays for other planes.
Since Beta 2.1-1 this issue is solved but in some rare circumstances, planes now seems to stop without any reason somewhere and take forever to continue.

I have had a look at this save and it is very large and complex taxiway paths going all over the place. Unfortunately, it takes me a long time to load such a save in Unity (at least 3 times longer than Steam version) and it is very hard to pinpoint the issue when there are so many taxiways. Have you tried playing around with the new taxiway settings? You can set large/medium/small as well as arrival/departure only. This could help with the flow.

What happens if you clear out the activated mods list and just try with the native one you wanted to test?

This is true. Since aircraft are now allowed to swap placed in the queue to “skip” sections that they previously waited for. Rare cases when two or more aircraft skip the same part can lead to them actually creating a deadlock on their own. There is a timeout so they should continue after a while but even if they do exactly what they are suppose to do according to the rules, they just don’t do see the potential deadlock ahead. Basically this is why we have humans IRL in the towers making sure this doesn’t happen. We are looking into a ways to solve it.

2 Likes

i did that, and it writes in the both mods i want
but still no luck, i doesn’t get loaded… i also deleted gamesettings.json completly to get a new file, doesn’t change…

something other, when i renew the gamesettings it poped up to my eye, can i have CHF Swiss Franc as currency? :wink:

You just don’t get your mods in the game right? No more error messages?

Toggle off and on all those new options. After that, I was able to return to my savegame and all mods appeared again. I think it had to write all the new stuff in to the converted savegames.

everything that i do, with disabling default businesses, no matter how and when
it leads to the error messsage on savegames

and it doesn’t matter if i select some and others not, the one that one should load native mods never get loaded… and i don’t want to load and game with default businesses

But have you tried at least onces to load it with default businesses? Just to update the savegame entries.

Are you on windows or mac? Maybe a file path issue.

1 Like

@andyc yes, i loaded with defaults, saved my game and dsiabled defaults…

@Fredrik on windows, fact is, on default branch everything is working fine

Unfortunately it changed just that the error massage leafs, so if I load the food franchise mod and disable the default food franchises there is no error massage but I didn’t get a contract offer for food franchises.

I have also deleted an reinstalled the game, but there a still the same issue and if I go back to default branch everything works fine

@Fredrik I’m on Mac and have the same issue as dawed

1 Like

I see vehicles below a terminal when zone overlay is active
ACEO-35105

This flight planner windows is lagging as hell. May it can update less often?
ACEO-35243 (hope it’s the correct one I’ve noted)

1 Like

I have reconfigured the airport’s taxiways 3 times, twice since being able to select small/medium/large aircraft. Am I correct in reading that this no longer will warrant your time? Just wondering why, as the world is not altered. It is not augmented - still 700 x 700. It is the size of a world someone, anyone, can create, and one would think that with that logic, you can have a very similar situation arise. Therefore, someone may encounter this in the future, and would that not warrant fixing, since it is done on the default world size?.

In terms of “a lot” of taxiways, I hope it was noted that it is a fairly simply layout. Two U shapes in opposite directions encompassing the terminal - not overly complex. One U is for one runway’s inbounds and the other’s outbounds, and vice versa. Not a lot of crazy turns; fairly straight paths for the most part.

I can say yes, there is a timeout, but it is a poorly timed one. It takes way too long, creating up to 3-hour delays. It is awesome that they can now “skip” certain segments, to try and alleviate the ground congestion, but their timeout is truly unfortunate, and needs to be drastically minimized.

Again, as I mentioned in a lengthier post above, I am not a programmer, and do not know all the hard work and dedication (much appreciated) that goes into this game, but I do not understand why I am getting “blown off” because I made a bigger taxi system, in the default world size, which one would think others can get to a similar taxiway system size. It unfortunately feels like my Beta input is not worthy of getting a bug fixed that is persistent, and others have greatly experienced.

Can we maybe get a slider in Auto-planner, to tell the Airplane pathfinder, that Push-back trumps all other path-reservations? Push-back delays hit very hard on your airline satisfaction.

2 Likes

Okay thanks for the feedback. I changed a few settings by blocking the “skip” path if the paths are opposite. I hope this should avoid the deadlocks. I run your save for about 20 minutes and it seem to run better. Naturally there will always be some waits no matter what. We will continue see what we can do to improve it further.

2 Likes

Last and final (hopefully) beta 2 version rolling out now, with a few random fixes and the last issues part of the beta 2 sprint! It will soak on the experimental branch until tomorrow noon and if no major issues arise it will be deployed on the default branch. Beta 3 is expected to be deployed on the experimental branch either tomorrow or on Friday!

Release notes - Airport CEO - Version Beta 2.2-0

Bug

• [ACEO-33886] - Airport lounges can in rare instances when all airlines is allowed not properly activate
  • [ACEO-34318] - Service vehicles do not consider terminal assignment when fetching job tasks
  • [ACEO-34351] - Desk queue occupancy not validated on load causing initial queue passthrough latency
  • [ACEO-34798] - Automated desks can cause staff friendliness rating to drop
  • [ACEO-34976] - Parking lot need calculation includes full parking lots causing incorrect vehicle spawning
  • [ACEO-35279] - Incorrect bus stop traffic spawn calculation value causes no buses to spawn
  • [ACEO-35285] - Displaced ramp agents at remote stands do not properly reset their position
  • [ACEO-35291] - Fee slider coloring does not match expected aircraft consumables rating

New feature

• [ACEO-32251] - Added support for unique person name generation
  • [ACEO-33363] - New aircraft: Embraer E175 & E195
16 Likes

Does the auto-planner work on a timer? I just switched on. How long would it take for it to start assigning flights? If its a timer, can it be a visible one, that we can “push” to start an assignment round, right now?

When the autoplanner is managing a stand and you try to reschedule a flight. It refuses that, but the, if the stand is assigned to another airliner (recently), the whole flight just dissapears.

I have 8! subway tunnels and still people find it hard to leave the aiport? (5000 PAX a day)

oh, seems I dont get busses; 35301

1 Like

You’re on beta 2.1-6, upgrade to beta 2.2-0.

3 Likes