Airport CEO Beta 1 released

No, not in sandbox mode.

When building terminal block over a baggage belt, the belt is integrated into the terminal.

When you then remove the terminal block, the baggage belt is removed.

That feels inconsistent.

Also, building terminal blocks over belts, still puts walls on the belt :wink:

PAX are using parking space as waypoint; is that intended?

Summary

1 Like

Am I the only one who gets de-icing during summer? Tends to happen a lot of time for me, day and night and in Europe. Could be worth disabling de-icing during summer and spring moths.

1 Like

My catering meal production don‘t start :frowning:

1 Like

Also, is there a way to edit the sandbox conditions while building an airport?

1 Like

A compliment to Beta! ~ Its very impressive the game can push this volume without big issues :smiley: ~ while running on 100% PAX.

7 Likes

I’ve put in a thread in the Airport Designs topic, here

2 Likes

It seems the Shop franchise ‘Quick Stop’ has conflicting rating.

On the contract list it’s 2*,
Quick Stop Contract 1

When you build it, it’s 1*
Quick Stop Contract 2

2 Likes

Same thing with all 1* franchises. Already filed a bug report on this a week or so ago.

3 Likes

Simply close the stand. If you can’t do that due to incoming flights, turn-off auto-schedule for just that stand. Clear flights for the stand (perhaps one day’s worth). Once the last flight has taken off, close the stand and change the desk. Then turn on auto-schedule again.

1 Like

If you ‘simply close the stand’, all the flights allocated to it will be cancelled and your bank balance takes a hit.

When I need to close a stand, most of the time it’s to change the Boarding Desks associated with it (eg swap the medium desk for a small one when installing auto check-in gates). The functionality needs to be that as long as there is one active desk/gate linked to the stand then we should be able to delete others and/or replace them without affecting the status of the flights scheduled to the stand.

Or - provide the ability to transfer all the flights allocated to the stand to another stand that doesn’t have any flights scheduled to it (eg a new one or temporarily to the designated ‘Emergency gate’). This will mean the we can close the stand without penalty and do any changes needed before reopening the stand and transferring flights back to it, if necessary.

2 Likes

Cool. I mean the way how you assign a check in desk or bag drop to a baggage bay or a stand to a baggage bay. That system is in desperate need of improvement. Simplest thing is to have everything happen from the baggage bay and allow multiple selection. So choose “assign check-in desk” and click all the desks you want to assign, job done. Choose “assign stand” and click all stands you want to assign. Job done.

Now you need to open each of the multiple items separately, click the assign, find your baggage bay, click and repeat up to 30-40 times. Then comes the stands…

1 Like

You can select multiple check in desks (and other objects) by pressing SHIFT. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Oh. Nice.

1 Like

Major issues when reopening any save game (i’ve also tried saving as a new name to generate a new file)

• International zone is ignored by customers, then act like it doesn’t exist and don’t attempt to enter or leave it and stay stuck. Fix is to draw a int’l tile within the existing int’l zone then suddenly it “reactivates”. Until that fixing step is completed, they try and directly route to an int’l gate from outside the int’l zone.
  • Customers attempt to pass staff zones to reach bathrooms and other facilities.
  • Walk on/walk off stands (no airbridge, but attached to terminal) usual 4 tiles with the left and right for dep/arr seems to be an issue on relauching a save. Customers trying to route via those gates between DEP/ARR segregation. I’ve tried all options, putting a staff tile between the left and right, a wall, everything.
  • Bug report won’t work, error message after the usual prompts of saving and screenshotting (hence posting this here).
  • Game status - defaults to Sandbox, Simulate Materials, Don’t Similar Construction… on any game loading from a save game.
  • Bag issues - 100% score for all tiers of baggage scanning, i’ve watched and seen no under staffing of the 3rd tier, yet in one game hour get multiple dangerous bag reports and fines.

All of above occurring in airports previously without any of those issues, but due to the bug report being an issue too I’m unable to report it usual way :frowning:

Those issues are making it near impossible to play the game in current state (on default branch with all updates at time of posting this)

Fingers crossed there is either a mixture of simple things I need to do differently, or it’s part of the BETA journey - staying optimistic as there are also lots of positives i’ve noticed in the BETA, but hope the above issues are just bad luck or save game file issues having crossed over to the updated versions.

1 Like

I have the same

1 Like

Glad not just me - i’ve no issue with theses things happening as part of a pre release, just worry when it happens if it’s just me

1 Like

I’ve found out that when you feed the tier 3 back in front of the tier 1 scanner, you never get dangerous goods loaded to plane. It also keeps the ratings at 100%.

1 Like

This is not really a bug, but it was under the radar for a long time, even for me who always brags about planes. It is of course the size of the CRJ series in game. It is really about 20-30% larger than what it should be. This occurred to me while I was watching the new F100 park next to a CRJ200. Then came thing incredibly helpful bug. Please take a look at the size of the E170 and CRJ200 mashed together.

The main problems in this are the overall lenght, wingspan, cabin width and engine diameter. Take a look at the measurements of the real thing.

E170 has a wingspan of 26m, CRJ200 that of 21m, but in the game they are nearly the same size, maybe some 50cm difference on each wing, in reality, it is stunning 5 meters. Other measurements you can compare for yourself.

What can be done with it? I like to go extreme and update the CRJ series, together with 737NG and A320, a trained eye can spot many irregularities, most of which have been edited by the mod community, 737NG and A320 respectively. Thinking more about this, MD-80 and F100 have similar cabin width, this leads me to believe that the legendary MD-80 will look rather silly next to a CRJ700.

3 Likes

I’ve had the same issue with Walk-on stands since I first tried segregation at the start of A36.

I’ve had PAX walk through walls and a staff zone to get to the staff security gate - but I stopped this when I realised that I had left the PAX access to this gate on :facepalm: I saw several instances of wall-walking elsewhere in the terminal under A36 but none yet in Beta.

I’ve little experience of International Zones so can’t comment on that one.

Otherwise, I’ve not come across your other issues, indeed, I’ve successfully made three or four Bug reports in the past few days. FTR I’m using the Default branch, B1.1-2 at the moment.

1 Like

I’m finding it impossible to segregate ARR/DEP passengers whilst also having staff tiled doors between them. The passenger recently have started trying to access bathrooms wrong side of the segregation causing pathfinding error despite a nearer facility being available within their section

1 Like