Airport CEO Alpha 33 released (The Big Bird Update)

Yes. Thanks for bringing it up. I first thought that I did a mistake while saving the blueprint. But my saved blueprints for large restrooms are completely messed-up after rotating them two or three times.

Saving and loading the savegame fixes the issue, but only for the first time you pull out the blueprint. I currently prep the areas that I want stamped, reload and then paste all the blueprints hoping I didn’t make a mistake and have to reload again.

Yups, have seen this too.

Also some other stuff on-going. The boarding desk on a different level and people not boarding looks to be fixed, but on remote stands the problem is that the busses just are stuck on the underground (-1) bus stops. Spamming the ‘unoccupy all road nodes’ doesn’t help to get them going again, result is that the planes only un-board 1 passenger (no clue who and how as you don’t see that person) S&R does not help. Bug report ACEO-19467

1 Like

Good catch! It’s a change I did a while back for some reason that caused this, but it should be fixed now. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Does this happen to new flights from underground bus stops or does it just relate to the ones you load into? I’m struggling to reproduce it on new flights in my own tests here.

Don’t know exactly what you mean, when I load the game the busses are stuck and nothing seems to get them moving. At first I had the issue with the boarding desks on a different level than the stands ( ACEO-19342), so maybe this is related as the busses still had some waiting path? I’ve not started a new airport yet to test if this is an actual issue or just something in a save game in combination with the 19342 issue, as more people have seen this issue.

Yeah, correct, the issue should not be happening for new saves, I’m not sure what worth there is to implementing a fix for existing saves as the problem this bug caused is difficult to solve… i.e. it shouldn’t happen again. But I’ll keep investigating, the lastest exp will be rolled out on default in a few minutes to get rid of this bug.

Does this mean that the old saves are “corrupted” for good? Or are we supposed to save the old saves again after the update rolled out and afterwards it is fixed?

I’m not sure yet, as I said I’ll investigate it a bit further. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m sorry I keep pestering you with the skipped screen bug but it makes my game unplayable and I just want it fixed…

We cannot fix a bug we cannot reproduce. We have no bug reports of this at all in the backlog so I recommend you gather screens and log files if possible of the problem you’re having and write down exact instructions on how to reproduce it and send to us via support@airportceo.com.

1 Like

Ok I took a video of me trying to create a new airport and I have a save that I was unable to name

1 Like

Hold on, looks like I was wrong, Alexander has solved an issue that sounds similar to what you have (ACEO-19358).

@Puma and @JWKIII, your saves are not corrupt and they should work fine with buses getting unstuck on next load after experimental update later today. The issues you’re having are the same as everyone elses and they have now been fixed! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Do you have a link to the video? Interested to see why and when it occurs, so as Olof said, it would help a lot if you’d send us the log files. They could be found (AppData\LocalLow\Apoapsis Studios\Airport CEO) :slight_smile:

1 Like

Cool! Thanks a lot @Olof

@Olof @Fredrik It looks like there are some issues with large planes. Sometimes passengers just don’t show up and boarding is completed without any passengers.
Its has report number or 19069 or 19070 but both important bug reports.
Also yesterday reported a bug that causing large pushback trucks and ULD belt loaders not able to asign via the vehicle panel to Large Stands. (19302)

We are aware of some capacity issues at some types of airports (in relation to build layout). We suspect that the current inability of the path finding system to calculate paths concurrently may be bottle necking these airports and causing delays which is why we want to have this fix out before we start to dig deeper into those bug reports. They are after all not that common and only seem to happen when you’re running really large airports, which is why the path finder could be clogged.

How many pax do you have at your airport?

Around 4000 but no passenger showed up at the boarding desk. After cabin cleaning or catering you are able to board? Directly after that boarding was completed without any passengers. Sometimes ULD us not showing the correct number (0/0 ULDs loading) but they will load some ULDs.

Well that supports my suspicions. The game can handle 4000 pax but the path finder cannot always, so we’ll need to push the new version of it before we dig into those issues (to make sure they are there and not caused by the path finding system).

Passengers can board during catering meal supply but not during cleaning.

New version rolling out now on the experimental branch! Alpha 33.6-0 with these changes:

Release notes - Airport CEO - Version Alpha 33.6-0

Improvement

• [ACEO-19457] - Number of check-in desks per flight is now dependent on passenger count (1 per 75 departing passenger)

Bug

• [ACEO-18993] - Conveyor belt rotations can in some cases become overridden when placed with template tool
  • [ACEO-19358] - New airport screen in rare instances fails to fully load
  • [ACEO-19373] - Missing notification on transit structures if they are at max capacity
  • [ACEO-19405] - Path finding request can fail immediately after passenger deboards a transportation vehicle
  • [ACEO-19449] - Previous queue anchor point ground floor spawn bug persists on older saves
  • [ACEO-19454] - Persons can in certain instances get stuck on taxi stop due to incorrectly generated secure zone tile
  • [ACEO-19466] - Price of objects are not always same as in description
  • [ACEO-19471] - Check-in desk and baggage claim does not update UI when connecting to baggage bay
  • [ACEO-19479] - Incorrect check system can cause airside shuttle buses to get stuck when deboarding onboard passengers

If all looks good this will continue to the default branch during the weekend, probably Sunday.

Also note that Alpha 33.5-4 was recently put on to the default branch.

6 Likes