ACEO Sticker Fix 1.3.1

Airport CEO Sticker Fix

ACEO Sticker Fix is a code-based mod, made using the UMod Framework, that is aiming to improve and enhance stickers, and add additional functionality to them. So far (as of 1.2.2), it fixes one of the major problems of stickers, how they render too large over the grid. It also allows you to place stickers as big as you like.

Feature Rundown

• Fixes sticker rendering - This change, as I must admit, doesn’t actually solve the root problem, just making sure that stickers render to the grid by downsizing them slightly on placement. It is a bit “hacky”, but has no obvious downsides. :thinking:
    • As a result of this change, stickers no longer produce extra bright lines when placed next to each other :grin:
  • Allows you to place stickers as big as you want - This is actually a vanilla feature (if you find it, good job), but this mod adds it just as a bonus.
  • Adds layers to stickers! Newly placed down stickers will render on top of older stickers. Makes layering stickers easier.

Installation
This mod uses UMod Framework, so you have to download that here. If you’re on mac, please check here. Then you can download my mod at this link.
I’m not really going to go into details on installation on this topic, check out Zekew’s great installation guide.

Other Details

• Developers: Humoresque
  • Source Code: Available on demand only (comment down below/private message)
  • Incompatablitlites: None that I know of…
  • Bugs: There may be a few, report them. I’ll squash them at some point
  • Thanks to: @zekew11, @Hap0vecXD, and Olof :wink:
  • 1.2.2 is the first publicly announced version, you didn’t miss anything
3 Likes

Version 1.3.1

• Stickers will now place on top of existing stickers (adds layers for stickers)
  • Sticker scale has been slightly adjusted to be better with larger sizes, still not perfect though.
  • Slightly better performance (I fixed some code that I wrote without thinking, now it only triggers when necessary)
  • Sticker layers are finite though and will reset after a few 30,000+. Shouldn’t be an issue :wink:

Upcoming 1.4 will (probably) include automatically installing stickers from steam mods (Timeframe of release: 1 day to ~5 days). I just wanted to get this out first! Thanks :smile:
Download here.

What Happening With Code-Based Modding

Yeah, so code-based modding has been ramping up in recent weeks, and it seems like it may take off. Both me and Zekew are currently actively doing it. I’m considering making a dedicated discord if the current interest continues. It’s hard to know whether this stuff will take off or not. :slightly_smiling_face: I’m working/have worked on a ton of other mods but a lot of them need a lot of time and effort before release.

Til next time, Happy Modding! :smile: :smile:

6 Likes